Have a healthy new year with added value benefits for you and your family
As a new year begins you may want a fresh start for you and your families’ health. Did you know that many insurance policies offer access to a range of health and wellbeing services that can help? You also don’t need to make a claim to use them as your protection policies aren’t just there for when things go wrong.
Often called added value benefits, these services can help you and your family start or maintain good health and make your lives easier, providing advice, assistance and information to keep you and your family healthy throughout the year.
The types of services typically available with protection insurance fall into three areas:
– Access to an online GP
– Second medical opinion service
– Prescription services
– Medical care abroad
– Mental health support
– Physical rehabilitation
– Counselling services
– Return to work support
– Bereavement support
– Legal support
– Health MOTs
– Nutritional support
– Fitness services
– Online physiotherapy
– Nurse healthlines
Please note that not all insurers include all of these, so speak to us to make sure you have the right cover in place for you and your family.
You can use your protection policy to help you stay in good shape with these added health services and here’s why:
- Many of the services are free – You don’t need to claim on your policy to use them and they can be used throughout the life of your plan and regardless of pre-existing conditions.
- They can often be used by your family too – most services are also available for a partner or children to use at no cost.
- They are easy to use – You can book many of these services online and they’re accessible, via an online consultation, an app, or by phone with a professional.
- They are provided by medical and health experts.
- They are good for your health and wellbeing – From serious illness to everyday healthcare support, fast access to expert advice and support can be included in your protection policy.
Many clients have seen the benefits, for example, one of our insurers reported that 99% of GP appointments were offered within 2 hours of a customer contacting them. They also saw the demand for these appointments increase by 126% from the previous year showing that wider emotional, health and family support services can really make a difference in people’s lives.
We can discuss health and wellbeing services with you when you’re considering a protection policy. By looking at the needs of you and your family, we can help you get the right protection in place.
Ready to start a healthy new year?