Nobody knows what is around the corner. Accidents can and do happen and the most commonly reported household claim in 2018 was for Accidental Damage. It’s therefore wise to check what is included in your insurance policy to help protect the valuable items in your home.

Standard contents insurance usually protects you if you have possessions stolen, destroyed or damaged. Accidental damage on the other hand, isn’t typically included in contents insurance but may be an optional add-on to your standard policy. It covers you for unforeseen events that cause damage to your belongings.

Home ImprovementWe have all heard of stories of red wine being spilt on new cream carpet, and kids breaking TV screens with a games console controller gone awry. There are also those more ‘comical stories’ of toddlers painting the sofa with nappy rash cream or mugs of tea being dropped in the bathroom and smashing the toilet. Insurance doesn’t have to be for significant claims; it’s also to protect against these types of life’s little mishaps.

It’s probably worth taking a few minutes to consider your day-to-day needs and it’s definitely worth checking what your insurance policy covers as you may already have accidental damage in place. And if you don’t, you might want to consider arranging accidental damage to ensure your valued belongings remain protected.

Related posts